TNT Import Services
- General Information
- Hw Does it Work?
- Labelling & Documentation
- Volumetric Weight Charges
- Additional Costs
- Maximum Size Weight
- Prohibited Articles
- Collection Restrictions
We offer both Express and Economy Express Import services via the TNT network. For the delivery of your less urgent and bulkier parcels we recommend the Economy Express service. For documents and parcels that are time sensitive we recommend the Express service. To confirm whether the Express Import service is available for your shipments place of origin and its destination, please use the TNT transit time tool: Check transit times. This can also be used to confirm estimated delivery dates.
How Does it Work?
Upon completing the booking, TNT will usually call the shipper to confirm the shipment is ready for collection. The collection day may be amended by the shipper. We will then provide your tracking number once the shipment has been collected and the information is available to us.
Labelling & Documentation
Depending on the booking process employed by TNT in your chosen collection country, the airway bill will either be emailed to yourself or directly to the collection point shortly after the booking has been placed (please note there will be a delay if the booking is received outside of working hours). Please ensure the collection point is able to print the airway bill in time for the collection. In some circumstances, the driver will take the airway bill to the collection point if it cannot be generated prior to collection. In this instance, please ensure the collection point is aware of the service level you require i.e. Express or Economy Express, to ensure the airway bill is completed correctly.
When importing from outside of the EU, the shipment will need to be accompanied by a customs invoice. We will generate a customs invoice as a part of the booking process which you will need to forward to the collection point. The collection point will need to hand 5 copies to the driver. Please ensure they are aware to avoid your collection being delayed.
Volumetric Weight Charge
The charge for your shipment is calculated on weight or volume, whichever the greater. Sometimes, bulky items may be charged at a higher rate than the actual weight of the shipment. The formula to calculate the "volumetric" weight on this service is as follows:
Multiply the 3 dimensions of your parcel together (LxWxH) & divide the result by 5000.
Example Volumetric Weight Calculations
- Parcel weighs 10kg @ 50x30x20cm (50x30x20 divided by 5000 = 6) ie the actual weight exceeds the volumetric weight which means you would be charged for 10kg.
- Parcel weighs 10kg @ 50x60x40cm (50x50x40 divided by 5000 = 24) ie the volumetric weight exceeds the actual weight which means you would be charged for 24kg.
Additional costs which might apply to your shipment
- If you are importing from outside of the EU, your shipment may be subject to customs charges namely import duty and tax. We strongly recommend customers check with HMRC for further advice.
- Remote Area Charge £15 or 30p per Kg: whichever is the greater
Any surcharges relating to EU deliveries will be subject to VAT.
Maximum Size / Weight Allowance
- The maximum size per piece in centimeters is 240 x 120 x 180 high
- The maximum weight for loose items is 70 kg
- The maximum weight for palletised goods is 1000kg
Prohibited Articles Information
No hazardous goods or prohibited items are allowed on this service. If in doubt please call us on 0845 145 1212 for confirmation.
Please note that TNT are unable to collect from Northern Ireland.
Please be advised that UK quotes are for mainland only and do not include the Isles, Highlands or Northern Ireland.
TNT do not deliver to exhibitions.