TNT Economy Express Service Information
- General Information
- Labelling & Documentation
- Volumetric Weight Charges
- Additional Costs
- Maximum Size Weight
- Prohibited Articles
- Collection Restrictions
We offer the TNT "Economy Express" service which compliments the express services we provide through DHL & UPS. Although this is a worldwide service the service level and rates are particularly competitive throughout Europe including Eastern Block areas.
Labelling & Documentation
A bar-coded TNT label is automatically generated and available to download from your account shortly after you have completed your order. This should be printed and securely attached to each of your packages. You must have access to a printer to use this service as manual airway bills are not an option. Please call our customer services team on 0845 145 1212 for futher information.
Shipments bound for non EU countries must be accompanied by 4 copies of a commercial invoice or packing list showing a full description and value of the goods for customs purposes. Our website will produce a basic packing list for you, however if you have your own please use these instead. Remember to include a VAT number if applicable.
- Have you printed and securely attached a copy of your barcoded TNT label to each of your packages?
- Shipping to a non-EU destination? If yes, do you have 4 copies of your commercial invoice or packing list ready to accompany your shipment?
- Have you remembered to include a full description and value of the goods in your commercial invoice/packing list?
Volumetric Weight Charge
The charge for your shipment is calculated on weight or volume, whichever the greater. Sometimes, bulky items may be charged at a higher rate than the actual weight of the shipment. The formula to calculate the "volumetric" weight on this service is as follows:
Multiply the 3 dimensions of your parcel together (LxWxH) & divide the result by 4000.
Example Volumetric Weight Calculations
- Parcel weighs 10kg @ 50x30x20cm (50x30x20 divided by 4000 = 7.5) ie the actual weight exceeds the volumetric weight which means you would be charged for 10kg.
- Parcel weighs 10kg @ 50x50x40cm (50x50x40 divided by 4000 = 25) ie the volumetric weight exceeds the actual weight which means you would be charged for 25kg.
Additional costs which might apply to your shipment
- Duty reversal (DDP) admin charge £15
- Remore Area Charge £15
Any surcharges relating to EU deliveries will be subject to VAT.
Maximum Size / Weight Allowance
- The maximum size per piece in centimeters is 240 x 120 x 180 high
- The maximum weight for loose items is 70 kg
- The maximum weight for palletised goods is 1000kg
Prohibited Articles Information
No hazardous goods or prohibited items are allowed on this service. If in doubt please call us on 0845 145 1212 for confirmation.
TNT Express and TNT Economy Express are restricted to 'Commercial Shipments' only. Businesses operating from a private address are usually accected.
Please note that TNT are unable to collect from Northern Ireland.
Please be advised that UK quotes are for mainland only and do not include the Isles, Highlands or Northern Ireland.
TNT do not deliver to exhibitions.